EDWARD R. SLAUGHTER works as Commissioner of Accounts for the Circuit Court of Albemarle County, as well as doing some litigation work. He is currently of counsel for the firm. Ned was admitted into the Virginia bar in 1959, and into the District of Columbia bar in 1981.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Slaughter is the Commissioner of Accounts for Albemarle County.
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers (1989-present)
- Member, Editorial Board, Virginia Law Review, 1957-1959
- Distinguished Lecturer under a Fulbright Grant, sponsored by the American College of Trial Lawyers, The United States Information Service (USIS) and the Faculté des Science Juridiques, Politiques et Sociales, Tunis (University of Tunis II) 1996
- Visiting Lecturer in Trial Advocacy, 1970-1977 and Virginia Procedure, University of Virginia Law School, 1986-1991
- Special Assistant for Litigation to Attorney General of the United States, 1979-1981
- Chairman, Standing Committee on Commissioners of Accounts of the Judicial Council of Virginia, 1995-2001; Member, 1993-present