BRYAN SLAUGHTER concentrates his practice on complex personal injury cases. His practice areas include products liability, cases involving traumatic brain injury, serious automobile and truck accidents, premises liability and egregious medical malpractice. Bryan is a member of the Virginia and West Virginia state bars. He practices throughout Virginia, and has also tried cases in North Carolina, New York, and West Virginia. He graduated from the University of Virginia in 1991, and the Washington and Lee University School of Law in 1997. He is currently president-elect of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, where he has served on the Board of Governors since 2001. Bryan is a member of the Boyd-Graves conference, a faculty member at the National Trial Advocacy College, and a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates. He has lectured and written on various topics involving products liability and personal injury law. Bryan is particularly interested in promoting child safety awareness.
Bryan obtained the largest verdict in history for any person injured in a ski-related accident. A jury awarded $8.3 million to his client, a 17-year-old girl who suffered serious brain and other injuries due to the negligence of a ski resort. (Grigg v. Wintergreen Resort, et al.)* Additionally he obtained a $5 million settlement in a products liability case against a company that rebuilt large industrial equipment that caused severe traumatic brain injury and severe orthopedic injuries to a worker.* He has also obtained seven figure verdicts or settlements in cases involving defective products, excessive force, automobile and truck accidents and serious medical malpractice.
Bryan strongly believes in the importance of giving back the the community. He currently serves as President of the Board of ReadyKids Charlottesville, on the Advisory Board of Legal Aid Justice Center, as Chair of the Firms in Service and Charlottesville-Albemarle Bar Association Pro-Bono Committee, and General Counsel and Board Member for the Second Street Gallery in Charlottesville. He is a former board president of the Ronald McDonald House of Charlottesville.
Bryan lives in Charlottesville with his wife Jennifer, and their four children, Jane, Libby, Michael and Cate. When he’s not working or spending time with his family, Bryan enjoys cooking, fishing and participating in a variety of sports.
*(SETTLEMENTS AND VERDICTS IN ALL CASES DEPEND ON VARIOUS FACTORS AND CIRCUMSTANCES WHICH ARE UNIQUE TO EACH CASE. THEREFORE, PAST RESULTS IN CASES ARE NOT A GUARANTEE OR PREDICTION OF SIMILAR RESULTS IN FUTURE CASES WHICH THE MICHIEHAMLETT FIRM AND ITS LAWYERS MAY UNDERTAKE.)
- MichieHamlett Attorney Bryan Slaughter and Donna Walker with Albemarle County Fire Rescue give public service announcement on child safety seats
- Check out Bryan’s latest presentation on Child Safety!
- Work It, Cville Interviews MichieHamlett Attorney Bryan Slaughter
- MichieHamlett Attorney Bryan Slaughter and Battalion Chief Richard Jones Give Tips on Fire Safety During the Winter
- MichieHamlett Attorney Bryan Slaughter and Lieutenant Ronnie Roberts give tips on back to school safety
- MichieHamlett Attorney Bryan Slaughter Advocates Teaching Kids to Act Safely Around Guns – NBC29
- MichieHamlett Attorney Bryan Slaughter Gives Information on Choosing Safe Toys for Your Child – NBC29
- MichieHamlett Attorney Bryan Slaughter Shares Information about ICE Campaign in Central Virginia – CBS19 Newsplex
- Personal injury attorney Bryan Slaughter and Charlottesville Albemarle Rescue Squad Special Ops Chief Landon Harris share information about the ICE program – in case of emergency – in a spot airing on NBC29
Areas of Practice
- Complex Personal Injury Cases
- Products Liability
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Serious Automobile and Truck Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Medical Malpractice
Honors & Recognitions