ELLEN C. BOGNAR practices in the personal injury group and focuses on medical malpractice. She has represented plaintiffs through all stages of litigation in matters involving medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents, wrongful death, slip and fall, and nursing home neglect.
Ellen received a B.A. in Art History and Theatre from Williams College in Williamstown, Massachusetts and a J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law, where she was Editor-in-Chief of the Virginia Sports and Entertainment Law Journal and Senior Editor of the Virginia Tax Review. During law school, Ellen spent one summer interning for the Hon. Saundra Brown Armstrong of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California in Oakland and another at an international employment law firm in San Francisco. She also successfully argued unemployment appeals to the Virginia Employment Commission on behalf of the Legal Aid Justice Center in Charlottesville. Following graduation, Ellen clerked for the Hon. Angel A. Cortiñas of the Third District Court of Appeal in Miami, Florida. Before joining MichieHamlett, she worked at the Law Offices of Robert W. Carter, Jr. in Lynchburg, Virginia litigating personal injury and nursing home negligence cases.
Ellen is a member of the Virginia State Bar and the Florida Bar, and she is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Brain Injuries
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Virginia State Bar
- Florida Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Charlottesville Albemarle Bar Association
- University of Virginia Women’s Center Legal Clinic
- University of Virginia School of Law Adjunct Faculty, “Trial Advocacy”
Honors & Recognitions
- Williams College (B.A. 2001)
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D. 2009)
- Editor-in-Chief, Virginia Sports and Entertainment Law Journal
- Senior Editor, Virginia Tax Review
- ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Labor and Employment Law