Les Bowers is a trial lawyer who focuses his practice representing individuals injured in medical malpractice, catastrophic personal injury, and products liability cases. Les understands how insurance companies think about and defend cases because he began his practice with a large international law firm defending hospitals and healthcare providers. Les now focuses on representing injured individuals and pursuing only those cases clearly supported by medical science, qualified expert testimony, and extensive peer-reviewed literature. Les is careful to limit his cases to ensure they are clearly meritorious, with a strong basis in science and the medical literature, and that every client receives the utmost in personal attention and guidance.
Les grew up in Southwest Virginia, where he learned the value of hard work and perseverance working in a family-owned business with his parents and on a farm with his grandparents. Les’s work ethic, intense drive, and attention to detail have resulted in numerous accolades, including the largest jury verdicts in Virginia in 2017 ($7,000,000+, first overall) and 2014 ($6,400,000, first among medical malpractice verdicts), dozens of six- and seven-figure settlements, numerous peer review awards, and the opportunity to give back to the profession by serving on multiple committees within the Virginia Trial Lawyer’s Association, writing in peer reviewed journals, and speaking at seminars.
Outside of the office, Les enjoys spending time with his wife, family, and friends pursuing a diverse array of interests including travel, running, cycling, triathlons, training his bird dog, spending time in the outdoors, tending to his herd of cattle, reading nonfiction, cooking, and pursuing antique car and motorcycle racing.
Les is admitted to practice law in both Virginia and North Carolina.
Areas of Practice
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Civil Litigation
• Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (VTLA)
• VTLA Publications Committee, Chair
• VTLA Amicus Committee,
• VTLA Fundraising Committee
• VTLA Tort Law Legislative Committee
• Etheridge Society
• North Carolina Advocates for Justice
• American Association for Justice
Honors & Recognitions
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Star, Personal Injury: Plaintiff (2015, 2016, 2017)
- 2017 VLW Largest Verdicts and Settlements (#1 overall)
- 2014 VLW Largest Verdicts and Settlements (#5 overall; #1 medical malpractice)
• University of Virginia School of Law, J.D. 2008
• University of Virginia, McIntire School of Commerce, B.S. 2005