Roanoke Construction Attorney
Construction projects are on the rise across all market sectors in Virginia, which means contractors, suppliers, and laborers will continue to be busy for the foreseeable future. According to IBISWorld, an industry research company that provides business insights on economic and related data, residential construction rose 4.6 percent in recent years to hit $5.8 billion. Non-residential construction projects are valued at $7.2 billion, putting Virginia in the Number 20 spot among all US states in terms of growth.
These trends are expected to continue, which means the regulatory, financial, and legal issues will increase in complexity for construction contractors. As a result, it is important to retain a skilled attorney for advice and counsel. Our team at MichieHamlett Law Firm is prepared for the challenges, so please contact us to set up a consultation with a Roanoke construction attorney to discuss your circumstances. Some background information and details on our legal services may also be helpful.
Common Construction Law Topics in Virginia
Considering the numerous parties involved with a construction project, you can expect a wide range of legal issues and disputes to arise. Property owners, developers, contractors, materials suppliers, laborers, and other entities have interests to protect regarding. Our team can advise you on:
- Performance and payment bond claims against sureties;
- Construction contracts, including negotiations, drafting, and revisions;
- Mechanics liens for subcontractors and lower tier workers;
- Claims related to the federal Miller Act and Virginia’s Little Miller Act for public construction projects;
- Liability of design professionals;
- Defective construction claims for design, material, construction, or maintenance deficiencies;
- Disputes over delay, inefficiency, impact, and scheduling claims; and
- Bid protests and disputes over submission, evaluation, and errors.
How Our Team Can Assist with Virginia Construction Law Matters
The MichieHamlett Law Firm is dedicated to serving our clients’ needs regarding the transactions, relationships, and other aspects of construction projects. It is our goal to prevent disputes from developing, but we will be at your side to assist with litigation. Our Roanoke construction attorneys support clients by:
- Consulting with you to understand your business operations, requirements, and objectives;
- Counseling you in construction contract discussions and negotiations with contractors, suppliers, laborers, developers, and owners;
- Drafting contracts for your business use;
- Reviewing written agreements presented to you by business partners;
- Preparing, filing, and recording mechanics liens;
- Enforcing mechanics liens;
- Dealing with sureties on performance and payment bonds;
- Advocating on your behalf in the event of conflicts, including mediation, arbitration, and other alternative dispute resolution;
- Pursuing legal remedies for breach of contract, nonpayment, construction defects, and related disputes; and
- Defending your interests against claims by other parties.
Get Legal Advice from a Roanoke Construction Lawyer
As you can see, Virginia construction law encompasses many complicated topics and legal issues, so it is wise to retain experienced legal counsel for assistance. Our attorneys at MichieHamlett Law Firm have in-depth knowledge of the relevant concepts, as well as solid trial advocacy skills if litigation is required to resolve disputes. Please contact our Roanoke offices at 434-951-7200 or go online to schedule a consultation.