Roanoke Fractures Attorney
Despite what an insurance company might tell you, suffering a broken bone in an accident is no minor injury. Bone fractures can be very painful and have lengthy recovery times, sometimes with complications. If you suffered a broken bone due to someone else’s negligence, you might have the legal right to pursue a claim for damages. To learn more, speak with an experienced Roanoke fractures attorney who can help.
At MichieHamlett, we have years of experience helping Virginia clients with all their personal injury needs, including broken bones and fractures. We understand what kind of impact a broken bone can have on your life and ability to work. We will protect your rights and fight for the maximum compensation possible.
Common Causes of Fractures in Virginia Personal Injury Cases
Negligence and recklessness of other parties are usually to blame for someone’s broken bone. Some of the most common causes of broken bones and fractures include:
- Slip and Falls: A slip and fall accident can happen anywhere, from walking on the sidewalk to the grocery store’s aisle. When a property owner doesn’t take proper precautions to keep their property reasonably safe, they could be liable for your injuries. Owners are expected to repair any dangerous conditions or sufficiently warn visitors about any hazards; otherwise, visitors can fall and sustain hip, arm, leg, wrist, or knee fractures.
- Motor Vehicle Collisions: Motor vehicle collisions can encompass passenger cars, large trucks, motorcycles, pedestrians, or bicyclists. The type of fracture will depend on the accident circumstances, but you have to be extra careful with skull fractures that could cause brain damage or broken ribs that could puncture organs.
- Workplace and Construction Accidents: Dangerous workplaces such as warehouses, construction sites, and factories are common places for fractures. Workers can fall from high areas such as a roof or off scaffolding, get run over by a forklift, or get caught in machinery. Cluttered workplaces also lead to trip and fall accidents that could result in bone fractures as well.
- Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse: Elderly residents in nursing homes who are victims of neglect or abuse are also at risk for bone fractures, especially a broken hip if they fall.
Common Types of Bone Fractures
At MichieHamlett, we see various types of bone fractures in personal injury matters. Some of the most common types of fractures include:
- Compound or open fracture, which is when one end of the bone has pushed through the skin.
- Comminuted fracture, which is where the bone shatters or breaks in multiple places.
- Stress fracture, which is when a bone cracks due to overuse or repeated pressure rather than one sudden traumatic incident.
- Greenstick fracture, which is where the bone is cracked or bent on one side, but the break isn’t all the way through the bone. This fracture is more common in children since their bones are more flexible and soft.
Contact a Roanoke Fractures Attorney
If you or a family member suffered a bone fracture due to someone else’s negligence, you need a Roanoke bone fracture attorney who can help. Contact MichieHamlett today to schedule an initial consultation. Let us put our years of experience to work for you and help you get the compensation you deserve.