Roanoke Product Liability Attorney
According to BigCommerce, Amazon sells over 12 million products through their online marketplace. Of course, not everything we buy or use is sold through Amazon, but it does give a sense of how many products are manufactured by companies to make our lives easier, to help us with our work, or to add in fun. Most of the time we can use these products without any concern or second-thought for our safety. However, if a product is poorly designed or manufactured, or fails to warn of potential danger, a user can become severely injured. If you or someone you care for has been injured as a direct result of a product they were using, it is critical that you speak with a Roanoke products liability attorney.
Common Products Seen in Products Liability Cases
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CSPC), 224,200 toy-related injuries for all ages were treated in U.S. hospital emergency departments over the course of 2019. Other common products that lead to injuries include:
- Medical devices or implants;
- Prescription drugs;
- Home appliances;
- Automobile parts;
- Sporting equipment; and
Basic Elements of A Products Liability Claim
- When the product injured the victim, it was in the same condition as when it was purchased, meaning it had not been damaged or intentionally altered between the date it was sold and time date of injury.
- The injury was caused by a product that either had a flawed design, was improperly manufactured, or lacked adequate safety warnings or instructions for how to use the item.
- When the injury occurred, the injured person was using the product in either a way it was designed and marketed or in a manner that should have been foreseeable by those who manufactured it.
- There is a definite link between the product and the subsequent injuries that resulted.
Frequent Product Liability Injuries
The type of injuries that occur depend on the category of product. If a product plugs into a wall, there could be risk of electrocution. Children’s toys have to consider that most young children like to explore by sticking items in their mouths, which can lead to asphyxiation. With home appliances that are faulty, users can suffer from burns. Other common injuries include fractures, infections, brain injuries, and even death. Regardless of what the injury is, the first step should always be to seek medical attention. Then talk to a lawyer who can help you collect evidence to prove the product was the reason for the injury.
A Roanoke Product Liability Attorney Can Help You File a Claim for Compensation
Product liability cases frequently require significant investigation into the product and the situation which led to the injuries. It may also be necessary to consult experts in the field. The first step you can take if you feel you have a products liability case is to seek knowledgeable legal counsel who can guide you through the process and advocate for the best outcome possible. The Roanoke products liability attorneys at MichieHamlett are here to help you. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.