Virginia Surgical Stapler Lawsuit Attorney
Surgical staplers are medical devices often used during surgery, internally or externally to close wounds. However, the FDA recalled certain surgical staplers manufactured by Ethicon Inc., a Johnson & Johnson subsidiary, due to concerns that the staplers may cause serious injuries or death. A Class I recall, the FDA’s most serious type, was issued for Ethicon’s Circular Staplers in May 2019 following reports that the devices caused patients serious harm or even death.
Contact a medical device attorney
If you or a loved one was injured, or tragically died, from complications after having surgery involving a defective surgical stapler, you may have a claim. We understand that you may not be familiar with the specific device used during your medical procedure. Our attorneys have access to the resources needed to thoroughly investigate your situation to determine if you were affected.
For more information or to discuss your potential claim, contact medical device attorneys Greg Webb by email or call 434-226-7320.
Defective Surgical Stapler Complications
- Leak in the closure (anastomotic leak)
- Severe bleeding
- Hemorrhagic shock
- Additional closures (anastomoses)
Recalled surgical staplers
Products included in the circular stapler recall are:
- Endo-Surgery Curved Intraluminal Stapler with Adjustable Height Staples
- Endo-Surgery Endoscopic Curved Intraluminal Stapler with Adjustable Height Staples
- Products included in the Echelon Flex™ Endopath® stapler recall are: Echelon Flex 60 Endopath Stapler, Articulating Endoscopic Linear Cutter
- Echelon Flex 60 Powered Plus Compact Articulating Endoscopic Linear Cutter
- Echelon Flex 60 Powered Plus Articulating Endoscopic Linear Cutter, 44cm Shaft Length
- Echelon Flex 60 Powered Plus Articulating Endoscopic Linear Cutter, 34cm Shaft Length