- Tiffany Johnston: (434) 951-6457
- Christy Ochs: (434) 951-7338
- Automotive & Trucking
- Brain Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Products Liability
- Legal Malpractice
Lee has a 25-year history of success helping people who have been hurt badly. This has resulted in peer review awards including being selected as “Lawyer of the Year“ for both personal injury law and medical malpractice law by US News and World Report, BestLawyers.
Lee consistently achieves seven-figure verdicts and settlements by pursuing full justice for deserving people who have cases screened carefully for merit. For example, in 2015 he won the first verdict by a patient against a doctor in Augusta County, VA, followed in 2016 by what is believed to be the first large verdict in an elective plastic surgery case in Richmond, Virginia.
Lee frequently is brought into complex cases by outside lawyers. He and his partners at MichieHamlett were part of likely the largest settlement involving a drunk driver in Virginia, the largest verdict against the largest orthopedic practice in Virginia in 2018,and the largest settlement involving county employees in a wrongful death case in Fairfax in 2019.
Lee’s record of leadership highlights the priority he places on exceptional advocacy. He served as president of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association in 2017-18, has served as one of two State Bar Council representatives from the eight counties in the 16th Judicial District since 2015, and chaired the Virginia State Bar litigation section andthe mandatory continuing legal education board. He was selected by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia to work on a committee that writes and edits jury instructions for Virginia trials. Winner of the annual Lighthouse Award from the Southern Trial Lawyers Association in 2019, Lee edits books for lawyers about evidence and medical malpractice that are published by LexisNexis. Lee lives in Charlottesville with his wife, Kris, and two children. He enjoys hiking in the Blue Ridge Mountains and travel in his spare time.
- Martindale-Hubbell: AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Best Lawyers, US News and World Report Lawyer of the Year: Medical Malpractice 2012
- Best Lawyers, US News and World Report Lawyer of the Year: Personal Injury 2015, 2017, 2019
- Virginia Super Lawyers Top 100: Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice 2020
- Virginia Supreme Court, Virginia Jury Instructions Committee 2013-Present
- Virginia Supreme Court, Electronic Filing Study Group 2007-2010
- Virginia Supreme Court, Appellate Rules Advisory Committee 2005-2008
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, President 2017-2018
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors 1999-Present
- Virginia State Bar, Bar Council Representative for the 16th Judicial Circuit
- Boyd-Graves Conference, Member 2016-Present
- American Association for Justice, Presidents Council
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association, Professor W. McKinley Smiley Jr. Lighthouse Award 2019
Presentations & Publications
- Adjunct Faculty, “Trial Evidence: Principals and Practice” “Trial Advocacy” “Litigation Skills” “Professional Liability Law” 2002-PresentEditorial Advisory Board: Trial Preparation Tools, Beth Driscoll Osowski, James Publishing, Inc. 2009
- Evidence for the Trial Lawyer: Co-Author with Thomas J. Circio, Matthew Bender & Company, Inc. a member of the LexisNexis Group 2007-2012
- Virginia Forms, Medical Malpractice, LexisNexis 2017
- Virginia State Bar
- College of William and Mary, B.A. 1990
- College of William and Mary Marshall-Wythe School of Law, J.D. 1993</p