Virginia Trust & Estate Litigation Attorney
One of the key benefits of a comprehensive estate plan is to minimize the potential for disputes and conflict regarding its terms and the roles of various players. Unfortunately, while someone may have exercised appropriate foresight to prevent disagreements, trust and estate litigation can threaten the most carefully crafted arrangement. Loved ones might allege failure to meet the requisites of creating a will under Virginia law or contest the executor’s capacity to make one, while others interested in the estate may accuse the personal representative of wrongdoing.
No matter what the dispute or how you are involved in it, you can count on our team at MichieHamlett Law Firm to protect your interests. We represent individuals in a wide range of litigation, including heirs, beneficiaries, will executors, and personal representatives of intestate estates. Please contact our office to set up a consultation with a Virginia trust & estate litigation attorney today. You might also benefit from reviewing some important information about these cases.
Common Types of Trust and Estate Litigation in Virginia
We can advise you and protect your interests in the disputes that frequently come up with respect to estate and trusts, including:
- Allegations that the executor did not have sound mind or was incapacitated when signing a will;
- Accusations regarding duress, fraud, or undue influence in executing an estate planning document;
- Disputes over a distributing a deceased person’s personal belongings;
- Disagreements about who should act as personal representative;
- Legal action to request an inventory and accounting from a personal representative tasked with managing assets;
- Breach of fiduciary duty allegations against an executor or personal representative;
- Actions involving creditors seeking payment of claims out of a decedent’s estate; and,
- Many other types of litigation stemming from estate and trust administration.
Our Legal Services for Interested Parties in Trusts and Estates
Litigation is always complicated, and it can be even more so when emotion and personal relationships enter the picture as they do with estates and trusts. At the MichieHamlett Law Firm, our team has extensive trial advocacy skills, so we are prepared to advocate on your behalf in trust and estate litigation. Our services for interested parties, i.e., those with a stake in the case, include:
- Reviewing wills and other estate planning documents to ensure they comply with Virginia law;
- Assessing your goals and developing a strategy to help you achieve them;
- Communicating with other interested parties and their attorneys;
- Investigating allegations at the center of estate and trust disputes;
- Preparing necessary documents and filing them in court;
- Representing you at court hearings regarding trust and estate litigation; and,
- Assisting with all other tasks as necessary to protect your rights.
Reach Out to a Virginia Trust and Estate Litigation Attorney
If you are an interested party and need assistance regarding legal action, please contact the MichieHamlett Law Firm to schedule a consultation with a member of our team. One of our trust and estate litigation lawyers can advise you on your options and develop a strategy for tackling the complex legal issues involved with these cases.