Joshua C. Johnson
Holly McGowan: 540-524-2006
- Construction Litigation
- Construction Law
Josh Johnson is an experienced construction litigator who represents owners, contractors, subcontractors, architects and engineers in all phases of residential and commercial construction projects. He cares deeply for his clients; enjoys the competition of the courtroom; and loves his work. Having grown up in the coal fields of far southwest Virginia, Josh has a deep affection for the talented folks who work hard as contractors and subcontractors. Josh enjoys working with these craftsmen who take pride in their work the same way he does.
* Josh is located in our Roanoke office, located at 109 Norfolk Avenue, S.W., 2nd Floor, Roanoke VA 24011.
- Virginia Bar Association Construction and Public Contracts Section, Former Chair
- Virginia State Bar Construction Law and Public Contracts, Board of Governors
- Roanoke Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, Former President
- Rated “AV/Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell
- Designated one of the Legal Elite by Virginia Business magazine for the area of Construction
- 2020 and 2021 Virginia Super Lawyers – Construction Litigation
- 2010, 2011, 2013-2019 Virginia Rising Stars – Construction Litigation
- Member, Virginia Western Community College Local Advisory Board (2014-Present)
- Board of Governors, Shenandoah Club (2013-2017)
- Secretary, Board of Directors, Faith Christian School (2010-2016)
- Co-Author, Deal…or No Deal? Identifying and Addressing Gray Areas in Construction Contracting, The Construction Lawyer, Journal of the ABA Forum on the Construction Industry, Volume 33 No. 3 (Summer 2013).
- Co-author, Social Media and Discovery — New Tools, Same Rules; The VADA Journal of Civil Litigation, Vol. XXII, No. 4, Winter 2010-2011.
- Co-author, Daewoo: A Cautionary Tale of Federal Contracting; The VADA Journal of Civil Litigation, Vol. XXII, No. 2, Summer 2010.
- Joint Defense Agreements in Virginia: A Cost-Benefit Analysis; The VADA Journal of Civil Litigation, Volume XX, No. 4, Winter 2008-2009.
- Virginia State Bar and Federal Courts
- University of Virginia, McIntire School of Commerce, B.S. 2002
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D. 2005