Jason P. Seiden
Cole Mohler: (434) 951-7207
- Custody and Visitation
- Fiduciary Litigation
Jason is a seasoned litigator and top-rated family law attorney with extensive experience in divorce, spousal support, child custody, complex equitable distribution, post-divorce enforcement, and modifications. He is known for his technical expertise and is often consulted for appellate work.
Prior to joining MichieHamlett, Jason served as a judicial extern for the Honorable M. Hannah Lauck and was noted for his tireless work for low-income families through the University of Richmond Family Law Clinic. He has been building on these early, formative experiences and is included in the Best Lawyers in America, 2020 edition, and was named a Virginia Rising Star in Super Lawyers from 2013 through 2019.
Jason regularly serves the legal community by presenting and organizing Continuing Legal Education (CLE) seminars on difficult topics such as parental alienation, business valuations in divorce, and best practices for family lawyers. Prior service roles include chairing the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (VTLA) Family Law Section and currently serves as the CLE coordinator for the Charlottesville Albemarle Bar Association.
Jason enjoys the reputation that he’s earned as a pragmatic counselor to his clients as they navigate a difficult and uncertain period of their lives.
He earned his undergraduate degree from Virginia Commonwealth University and his J.D. from University of Richmond School of Law, both with top honors. Jason is a native of Virginia, married with two young girls, and enjoys spending time with his family. When he’s not in the courtroom, with his family, or pretending to be effective in his garden, you may find him on the mats practicing Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Family Law Section Chair
- Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Charlottesville Albemarle Bar Association, Chair of CLE Committee
- Phi Delta Phi, Member
- Thomas Jefferson Inn of Court, Member
- Circuit Representative for the 16th Judicial Court of the Virginia State Bar Young Lawyers Conference
- Executive Editor, Richmond Journal of Law and Technology
- Skadden Arps Public Interest Fellowship, Finalist
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2013, 2020
- Best Lawyers in America, Family Law 2019-2020
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Commonwealth University, B.A. cum laude 2003
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D. cum laude 2010